Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A DUKE by Delilah Marvelle and Marie Claremont


ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A DUKE by Delilah Marvelle and Marie Claremont

 "Two SCANDALOUS reads, one low price!"  Entangled books is excited to announce their newest Historical Romance a Christmas themed anthology you can purchase for only $0.99.  There are two fabulous authors, Delilah Marvelle and Marie Claremont combined for ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A DUKE which includes two novellas, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MRS ROBINSON and THE TWELVE DAYS OF SEDUCTION.  These two novellas are the perfect thing to spice up your  holidays.

But wait you know you can win a copy by leaving a comment to be entered to win the eBook and a $10 Amazon Gift Card!  So tell me a Holiday Tradition you celebrate every year that makes the month of December worth having on the calendar.

Please note, this contest does end at midnight on December 15th and the winner will be announced on Sunday the 16th.  So come back and see if you have won but don’t wait to read the book just download it today for $0.99 - is fabulous.

Let’s right now do a little Q&A with Delilah and Marie
What is the most romantic meal you have ever had with your husband? The most romantic meal I have ever had with my husband was when we went to Belize for our 10th anniversary.  We had our own hut on the beach and one night, my husband had an amazing meal delivered right there before the hut just as the sun was setting.  We sat, looking out at the ocean that was only a few steps away while eating Lobster ceviche. 
It was *amazing* to watch the sun go down with the person you love, on the ocean, in a different country, while eating food that was just to die for.





Do you have a holiday tradition that seals the season for you?  Yes.  I'm Polish, so every Christmas is celebrated a touch different.  To us, Christmas Eve is as heavily celebrated than Christmas Day, because we prepare for Christmas itself.  We don't eat meat or drink any alcohol and we set an extra plate at the table.  It's a tradition to set an extra plate and is linked to the idea that someone in need may join us. That way, if anyone does come to the door in need, we ask them to join us at our table. It's a lovely, Christmas spirit tradition, although we have yet to have anyone knock on our door looking to make use of it.
You write historical romance but would you like to live in that time?  Oh wow! This is such a tough question. I adore history and so many different time periods, but my present work is set in the Victorian era, and truthfully, no. I wouldn't want to have been a woman in the Victorian period, especially if I was middle class. The strictures put on women was SO high. They had to be perfect, chaste, and modest. Hardly me!!!! You'll see later in my novel The Dark Lady how I address the precarious position women held in this period. It was so easy to be put in an institution, or have all your rights taken away. Luckily, my heroine in All I Want for Christmas has it much better! Her duke adores her and she climbs from the streets of London to the heights of society! And I have to admit, the clothes send me into swoons. I adore the dresses of the middle Victorian period. They were so elaborate and beautiful. I can't even imagine how amazing it would have been to wear such clothes on a routine basis!!

New Year's Eve is as magical as Christmas for me do you see the start of a new year as an opportunity for new adventures?  Oh, I absolutely agree. I love the idea of new beginnings and New Year's Eve is the ultimate symbol of rebirth. It's our chance to make promises to ourselves, to change our lives, to embrace something entirely different! New Year's Eve is a fantastic day in which we travel the veil of one year to the next and can embrace all that is to come, even though we have no idea what that change is. I also absolutely LOVE the song Auld Lang Syne. There are so many beautiful versions and it NEVER fails to bring me to tears because its so bitter sweet and beautiful. I am particularly eager for this new year as I feel it will be a time of marvelous change. After all, it will be the year I have multiple works out and I am moving. I hope 2013 is a splendid year for all of us. We've all worked and struggled so hard. We deserve a bit of magic.
Connect with these authors at


Video Newsletter:
http://delilahmarvelle.wordpress.com



26 comments:

  1. I would love to have a Duke for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover! My favorite Christmas tradition is going out to buy the tree then decorating it while listening to Manheim Steamroller and drinking eggnog.

    Alicia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Delilah Marvelle. Great interview and I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading Delilah Marvelle after reading one of Mary's reviews. So glad I did because she's now one of my favorite historical authors. And she sounds like a delightful person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One newer tradition is that I have brunch with my cousin on Christmas before heading over to a relative's house for the big dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite holiday tradition still has to be decorating the house & Christmas tree.

    I don't know if I would want a Duke for Christmas. They often sound like hard work which always makes for fabulous reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delilah is one of my favorite authors! I have no tradition...except we have a meatless Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Christmas tradition starts on November 1st. Holiday music is played from that date till December 31st. This all started because I was in band and choir and had to practice for our Christmas concerts after Halloween was over. So practice makes perfect and me long for the music in November. Many people think it's nuts, but the music holds a beautiful message that we should remember all year long

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have a Duke for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Delilah's books, which always keep me entertained.

    One of my favorite Christmas traditions, is setting up my village every year. I wish that I had more room to display it though, as I have some things that I can't put out. I also love decorating my Christmas Tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the things that we do every year is my sister, SIL and I get all of our 8 kids together to make Christmas ornaments. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... the cookies! :0 Love the smell and the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have lots of Christmas traditions--baking cookies, decorating, exchanging family gifts. The one thing that makes it seem most like Christmas, though, is attending mass. The church is decorated, the nativity is up and the choir is singing beautifully--what a wonderful way to welcome Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my favorite days out the whole year is Christmas Eve. There's about 15-20 of us that pack into a pretty small house. We have great food & drink, there are crazed animals running around, we take a walk and look at Christmas lights, play music and open gifts. It's a wonderful night :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a tree trimming party every year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite holiday tradition is the last night of Chanukah when we light all of the candles on the menorah and I make latkes for the family.It is usually the night we give the kids their presents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite holiday tradition is driving around town with my sister and checking out all the lights and decorations. It's our favorite thing to do, and we usually do it Christmas night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was married 42 years ago and when we were setting up our very first Chirstmas tree being a smart (short) person I told my husband that the youngest person at our home would be the one who got to put the star top of the tree! (I be short but I'm smart and my husband is not only younger than I am he's also TALL!).

    When my son was born the next December he held him up high and "helped" him put the star on the top of the tree and our very first Chirstman tradition was born on a cold, snowy winter night.

    The year my youunger son was born he took over the "tree top" duties and my favorite Chirstmas was the first Christmas my son who had graduated from college earlier that year didn't think he'd be able to get a flight home. Just as we were getting ready for my older son to put on the star the doorbell rang and there stood my younger son wrapped in ribbon and bows with a Santa hat on his head - he'd gotten a flight at the last moment and had made it home in the "nick" of time to put the star on the tree!

    This year Gramma and PaPa will be traveling to South Carolina for Chirstmas and watch as our youngest grandson will be putting the star on the tree and so the tradition continues!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Delilah Marvelle! I have to go get this!

    Christmas traditions...baking Christmas cookies with my sister (who really only eats them) and then getting everyone out sledding! Now we have a few Siberian huskies to help pull us up the hills =) It just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. we decorate the tree together

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the fun post! My family isn't much for traditions. Just show up and spend time with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of our Christmas tradition that I look forward to is our "Simbang Gabi", a mass that starts at 4 A.M. and happens every 16th of December to the 25th. All of us (my family) go to church together every year. It's our family bonding and my Mom and two younger brothers serve at the church. And did I mention that if ever you complete the whole 9 days of mass, your wish will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice interview. I am new to both of these authors and am looking forward to reading thier books. I personally love the Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve...although after reading about the Polish tradition of the extra plate, what a wonderful concept. This year there will be an extra plate at my table. Thank you ladies~

    ReplyDelete
  24. One Christmas eve when the children were young we rented National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and we laughed so hard together as a family and after would tell stories of something they did that made us laugh during the year. We then did this every Christmas eve and often with the same movie or too another funny holiday one. We now every now and then would be standing in the kitchen when my daughter is visiting and start telling stories and memories that would have us laughing til we are crying. Laughter is great!

    Would love to be in the contest. Thanks

    Cathiecaffey @ gmail . Com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I get together with my family every year. Some have tree trimming parties. We go to my daughter's on Christmas Day to celebrate and to my son's on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the cover!
    They are wonderful traditions. I really like the idea of setting an extra place at the table.
    One of mine is to decorate the house while dancing around to Christmas music. It puts me in such a great mood the whole night! :)
    I also love to bake cookies, but don't get to do it every year. I hope you and your families have a very happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete